Vegan Village

I love Vegan Village. Nine years ago when I first started to drift towards veganism I was looking for recipes containing certain foods to help with some health problems. Two websites that I found really great were Post Punk Kitchen and Vegan Village and I return to both for recipes to this day. If you're not familiar with it Vegan Village is a UK website that covers all sorts of information for vegans as well as a great listings noticeboard. If you're holding an event or looking for a vegan friendly houseshare or job make sure you check this out. They also have a recipe section.


Over the years I've come back again and again to certain recipes. The Mushroom and Ale Pie and Goan Tofu Curry are particular favourites and the Mushroom and Chestnut Wellington has been part of many a Christmas dinner! In the picture above is something I've just made for the first time - Mushroom Crustade and in typical Vegan Village style it tasty, easy to make comfort food.
Another reason I want to give a shout out to Vegan Village is that it's my go to website to refer non-vegans to when they ask me for advice on something to cook for a vegan friend. The recipes aren't complicated, they are clearly set out and they use UK measures. Much as I love my measuring cups and North American recipes I know these can be a bit daunting for some UK cooks especially on top of not being used to cooking for vegans.
I served the Mushroom Crustade with steamed veggies and the paprika, rosemary roasted potatoes from Vegan Brunch. It's an other VV recipe that I'll definitely be making again.

Comments

  1. I can't believe I've never used Vegan Village before - thanks for the pro tip, I'll go check it out. Love the look of the croustade - I'm on a heavy mushroom kick at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe