Vegan Millie's Style Cookies



I decided to have a go at making a vegan version of the type of chocolate chunk cookie that you get at somewhere like 'Millie's Cookies'. I used a Humdinger Tangerine chocolate bar and two bags of their white chocolate buttons. The recipe is adapted from the chocolate chip cookie one in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.

Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 16

Ingredients

3/4 cup of sugar
2/3 cup sunflower oil
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/2 - 2 cups of plain flour (you'll know you've used enough when the dough comes together)
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 bags of humdinger white buttons roughly chopped
1 bar of tangerine Humdinger 'milk' chocolate

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350f / 180c. Lightly grease your baking sheet.

2. Mix together the sugar, oil, soy milk, almond extract and arrowroot for about 2 minutes until it makes a thick caramel.

3. Mix in the vanilla extract.

4. Add 1 cup of flour, the bicarbonate of soda and the salt. Mix in then add the rest of the flour and mix to a dough. If the dough is too sticky to handle keep adding flour until it comes together. Fold in the chocolate chunks.

5. Roll the dough into balls and flatten to about 2 1/2 inches wide. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this recipe they taste great, however when I made these, when it came to rolling them into balls the mixture was too sticky to do so? Like REALLY sticky. I'm certain I used the right amounts so just wondering if that happened to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I didn't see your comment until today when I went back to get this recipe to use as a base for some chocolate and marzipan cookies. I too found the 1 and 1/2 cups of flour to not be enough and it ended up being nearer 2 cups. I've amended the recipe. Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow it looks delicious and yummy! I am sure my kids will defiitely love this! I will find time to make this this weekend. thank you for sharing this recipe. I also follow one website which talks about vegan food and fitness, http://www.bodybyblasian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks delectable and yummy! I'm certain my children will definitely adore this! I will figure out how to make this end of the week. much obliged to you for sharing this formula. I additionally follow one site which discusses veggie lover food and wellness,

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. Vegan chocolates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Larabar Commercial chocolate has sugar and sometimes milk added.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe