Vegan Millie's Style Cookies
I decided to have a go at making a vegan version of the type of chocolate chunk cookie that you get at somewhere like 'Millie's Cookies'. I used a Humdinger Tangerine chocolate bar and two bags of their white chocolate buttons. The recipe is adapted from the chocolate chip cookie one in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
3/4 cup of sugar
2/3 cup sunflower oil
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 bags of humdinger white buttons roughly chopped
1 bar of tangerine Humdinger 'milk' chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350f / 180c. Lightly grease your baking sheet.
2. Mix together the sugar, oil, soy milk, almond extract and arrowroot for about 2 minutes until it makes a thick caramel.
3. Mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Add 1 cup of flour, the bicarbonate of soda and the salt. Mix in then add the rest of the flour and mix to a dough. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
5. Roll the dough into balls and flatten to about 2 1/2 inches wide. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.