Five Festive Favourites

In no particular order of preference here are five of my favourite seasonal vegan products that I thought I'd share. I did a review of the Divine vegan festive range for Can I Eat It? and they were all great products. There's chocolate coins, after dinner mints, after dinner ginger thins, a pear and ginger bar and my favourite which is these dark chocolate stars that make fab cake decorations as well as for munching on.



I'm a longtime fan of Elizabeth Shaw mint and orange crisps which are vegan friendly and can often be picked up in discount stores. If you see any of these seasonal edition gingerbread crisps grab them! They are amazing and highly addictive.


I must we haven't tried these yet as we've only just picked them up from Morrisons. I also have to admit that bacon frazzle type crisps always give me heartburn but I'm prepared to risk it as these sound ace even if I do ending up devouring them with a gaviscon chaser!


I have tried these though and they are fab. Turkey and stuffing style tortilla chips from Tesco. We served them as part of my birthday buffet tea but I want to give them a try as part of a chilli platter with guacomole, salsa, cheezy sauce, chilli and rice. My local Tesco was out of stock the other day as they are obviously proving popular. Hopefully they will return.


I've also been lucky to try the VBites Vegideli Festive Range for Can I Eat It? The big new addition to the range this year is the Festive Pizza which is pretty good as a convenience product but my heart lies with the Festive Pasties which were part of last years range and thankfully have returned again this year. They are basically Christmas dinner in a pasty form which is best served with roast dinner trimmings and lots of gravy.


Other honourable mentions must go to the Inspiral Raw Christmas Cake dessert pots and the Foods Of Athenry Gluten Free and Vegan Mince pies. At over £4 for both products they are on the pricier side of treats but the quality of the products and ingredients used is excellent.

What are your favourite festive vegan treats?

Comments

  1. Booja Booja chocolates all the way! I've just bought my Mum a fancy box of them, and I'm secretly hoping I get some as a gift too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, Booja Booja are amazing. Love their ice creams too.

      Delete
  2. I bought hubby a large Stollen cake from Aldi today that was vegan. I'm not a fan of it but he loves the stuff. Highly recommended apparently :D X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, we had a few of those from Aldi last year. They were really good.

      Delete
  3. I haven't been able to find those festive pasties anywhere this year which is especially ridiculous as I live right by VBtes! I did buy the pack of mini pasties though & I can't wait to break them out on Christmas Eve. I think I might need to try the Divine pear and ginger chocolate too, it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got the mini pasties in the freezer. I'm thinking maybe Boxing Day buffet!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe