Review - Trek Bars

Recently Natural Balance Foods sent me a mixed box of Trek protein bars to try. Whilst their sister product Nak'd Bars are a staple part of my diet (and always to be found in my desk drawer) I wasn't familiar with Trek bars at all. I think the reason I've shied away from them in the past is that they are protein bars which I tend to associate with people who spend a lot of time in the gym which isn't me at all!


However, Trek's are definitely going to be on my shopping list now too. I loved the taste of these bars. I've found with some protein bars I've tried in the past that they can have a bit of a chalky aftertaste but there was none of that going on here. It's hard to believe that these bars are only sweetened with fruit as they are super sweet. The Berry Burst ones actually reminded me of the taste of fruit chews! The Banana Blast ones also have a big hit of sweetness from a fruit cocktail of dates, bananas, apples, pears and raisins. I think my two favourites though were Peanut Power and Cocoa Chaos. The bars also contain soya protein crunchies. This means that Peanut Power tastes like a delicious cross between a rice crispy treat and peanut butter fudge. Cocoa Chaos is like a healthy, fudgy chocolate crispy cake. I found them quite filling and liked that each bar is divided into 3 big chunks meaning I ate one or two chunks at a time as a mid afternoon snack.


Trek's really are a bar that tastes like more than the sum of it's parts. There's lots of selling points in that they pack a punch of protein (10g a bar), are low in saturated fat, gluten free and free from added sugar. What's sold me on them though is the great taste and texture. I'm also pleased to discover a new bar that I can take when we go out walking. They will also be great for those trips when you're not sure that you might find vegan food!

Comments

  1. These sounds yum! I'll have to keep an eye out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Nak'd bars here, so hopefully we will have Trek bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a couple of the Trek bars before and really like the flavour, but found them a bit on the chewy side. Maybe I just need to get to the dentist! Like the sound of the peanut one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe