Mid Week Munchies - Churros and Chocolate


Mid Week Munchies takes place every week and is organised by Jennifer at My Blissful Journey. Check out the link to find what bloggers round the world have been buying and eating.

Churros and hot chocolate are a delicacy of Spain. Increasingly they seem to be available at pop up food markets over here though and I've recently heard talk of frozen vegan friendly churros in Lidl but alas we have no store near where we live.We do have a huge 24 hour Tesco though and when we heard that they had introduced a packet of vegan friendly churros to their Christmas party range we just had to give them a try. We had Matt's nephew staying with us and it was great to introduce him to the delights of chocolate and churros!


These aren't any ordinary churros either as they are filled with a chocolate and hazelnut paste and come with little packets of cinnamon sugar to sprinkle over them. As there was quite a lot of sugar already going on I made a small amount of dipping sauce rather than full on cups of thick Spanish style hot chocolate.

Dipping Sauce

1 bag of chocolate chips (1/2 a cup)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1/2 cup of almond milk

Put all of the ingredients in a pan and stir until melted and a chocolate dipping sauce is formed.
Dip away!

This brand of hot chocolate is vegan friendly if made with plant milk and is the perfect thick hot chocolate to dip churros in. I've bought it from health food shops and delis in Manchester and it quite often crops up in Aldi when they have a Spanish specials week.Well worth trying if you spot some and the tins are great for reusing for gifts of cookies afterwards.



Comments

  1. I want those right now! They sound absolutely delicious, especially with that dipping sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good! I wish we could have something so fun here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those churros have been taunting me on Facebook! I can't wait to try some when I'm there for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those churros are so good. I love that you made extra chocolatey dipping sauce too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always had to go down to Southbank market in London to get my vegan churro fix - I like the idea of keeping a box in the freezer for emergency purposes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe