Cocktails for Breakfast!

Last Saturday I blogged one of my favourite weekend breakfasts and I thought I'd share a new addition to my breakfast arsenal today. Since my long term meds are not compatible with alcohol my lovely collection of cocktail glasses have been gathering dust. Until now that is. Earlier this week I spotted this Mocha Caramel Chia Pudding recipe on twitter and made it immediatley. It was so good I made it again to set me up for visiting the Om Yoga Show yesterday.


My biggest marguerita glasses were the perfect receptacle. This takes slightly longer than overnight oats to make but it's well worth the effort. You make the mocha, maple, vanilla chia oats the night before. Then in the morning you prepare and add the next two layers. It's still pretty quick to do and it makes for a very decadent tasting breakfast. The second layer is supposed to be banana nice cream but with my body temperature issues especially in the mornings, eating frozen food at that time of the day is a no no. I just followed the instructions using unfrozen bananas and slightly less almond milk. I made a couple of subs using carob powder instead of cacao in the banana layer and it worked really well with the caramel flavours. I also made half the amount of drizzle for the top (which I still found plenty) which is made from almond butter, vanilla, almond milk and date molasses (I subbed maple syrup here).


Seriously guys, do yourselves a favour and treat yourself to this for a leisurely weekend breakfast. The recipe is from the website of Manchester based healthy living blogger and recipe developer for brands, SpamellaB. Whilst not vegan her website contains lots of vegan recipes and I've already spotted what I'm going to try next with the Triple Chocolate Quinoa Maca Porridge. What would your most decadent breakfast be?

Comments

  1. At first I thought you were super hardcore having booze for breakfast, but this looks like a very sensible breakfast indeed! (I think every breakfast should include chocolate wherever possible.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my days of booze for breakfast are long gone! I agree that chocolate should definitely be included in more breakfasts. It tastes at it's best first thing in the morning.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous breakfast! And what a nice way to use your cocktail glasses! I'm usually more of a savory breakfast girl, but this looks like it would also be a tasty dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, it would be great for a healthy dessert too.

      Delete
  3. Seriously at first I thought what an Alchy (alcohol head)
    :) then I read more - sensible woman. By the way, I thought I better tell you as you commented on the Bristol VegFest 2017 blog post that I just found out that this was the last VegFest in Bristol, but I don't know why. I am sad about that as we make a day of it and meet up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there's no way I could manage booze for breakfast ;) That's so sad about it being the last Bristol Vegfest. I always hoped to get there again one year. I guess there are festivals all over the country these days but it will always be special to me as when I first became vegan it was the only one apart from London which was held in Kensington Town Hall and horribly packed.

      Delete
  4. Such a fun use for a cocktail glass!

    Sweet-wise I can't go too decadent for breakfast, too early in the day. Though I do love pancakes and waffles. But I love huge ridiculous savoury breakfasts. Especially with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt is definitely a potatoes for breakfast person, indeed potatoes at any time of the day! We have been making tofu scramble with silken tofu a lot recently and roasting up little spiced potatoes to go with it.

      Delete
  5. Let me start by saying how much I love the glassware, and carry on by saying how much I love the sound of anything caramel and mocha. Especially if I can eat it for breakfast. Anything I can make the day before so there's minimal assemblage on the day when I need to eat it is good for me - that means breakfast in bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a amaretto themed breakfast. Definitely one for breakfast in bed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe