15p Cookies!

I picked this spice blend up the other day reduced to 15p in Marks and Spencers Food!


With cinnamon, ginger, juniper, nutmeg, black pepper and clementine oil you can see how it was sold as a Christmas blend. As I had all the store cupboard ingredients the natural choice was to make chocolate chip cookies. I think this would also be great with muffins and I'm thinking of using it in the pumpkin muffins from Post Punk Kitchen next which is one of my all time favourite muffin recipes.


Ingredients - Makes 12 cookies

1 cup of plain flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 and 1/2 teaspoons of Christmas spice blend
1/2 cup of icing sugar
1/4 cup of soft brown sugar
1/2 cup of vegan margarine
100g (a bag) of dark chocolate chips
Extra caster sugar for rolling the cookies in

Method
Heat the oven to 350F/ 180C/ Gas 4.
Prepare a baking tray by greasing it or use a silpat silcone mat.
In a bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and spice blend.
In another bowl cream together the margarine, icing sugar and brown sugar.
Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and stir together. Fold in the chocolate chips reserving about 1/4 cup.
Put some caster sugar on a plate.
Take dessertspoonfuls of the cookie mixture and roll them into a ball. Roll the ball in the caster sugar. Place the ball on a baking tray. Flatten with a fork. Press the remaining chocolate chips into the top of the cookies.
Bake for 14 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes then remove to a cooking rack.


Comments

  1. What a great find! I'll have to check out our local M&S to see if I can spot any similar bargains :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I love it when you get a bargain post-Christmas (particularly when you can make cookies with it), I'm always on the look out for the Christmas puddings when they're half price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a splendid find! I feel very Christmassy after reading this post! These cookies….ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies look and sound delicious, if only I could reach into the screen and pick one up! I love your teapot too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe