Vegan Sunday lunch - The Oakwood

Glossop the town where I live is famous for having a pub with a completely vegan food offer called The Globe. The only lunchtime that the Globe is open is a Sunday and they've not had much competition until now. However, the pub nearest to my house, The Oakwood, has recently had a refurbishment.


It's not just the decor, the menu has had a revamp too and I was excited to see that they have several vegan options. Even more exciting was that they do something that nowhere else in Glossop does, not even the Globe - they offer a vegan Sunday lunch.


The food is of the home cooked and hearty persuasion. On the day that we went the roast part consisted of fritters made from nuts and pulses, lovely fresh veg and perfect roast potatoes. I was also impressed to get a big jug of gravy on the side. This hit the spot and I'll definitely be going back.


I also loved the new light fittings. Can you tell what they are made from - yep, old cut glass drinks decanters.

Comments

  1. You had me at 'jug of gravy'.
    I really wish Brisbane would drag its sorry butt into the vegan age already and that places near me had vegan things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a great roast, I love that you get a jug of gravy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at how few good Sunday lunches for vegans there are in London, and now I know why - it's because you guys are hogging all of them! Extra roast potatoes for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A jug of gravy all to yourself! I'm there.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe