Pulled Pork Sandwich

Vegan 'pulled pork' made from jackfruit has been around for a while and I've eaten it from V Revolution but it was only recently that we had our first go of making it at home. We used the method from this recipe from the Blissful Basil website and I made a BBQ sauce using a couple of different recipes from books tweeking it to bring the heat down to suit my chilli intolerant palate. You need to make sure that your tinned jackfruit is the type in water not syrup. It's available in lots of Asian shops. We found it in ASM supermarket in Ashton.


It's amazing how much it actually looks like pork!


It was soooo good and pretty easy to make. I'm looking forward to trying it again. I picked up a couple of bottles of this Chipotle, Smokey Bourbon sauce for 79p in Home Bargains recently and am going to try that next time instead of the homemade BBQ.


Comments

  1. Yum that looks delicious! I’m familiar with Blissful Basil and her blog she’s so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I'd come across her, i need to read more as this recipe was great :)

      Delete
  2. The idea of making jackfruit pulled pork has long appealed, but I'm really struggling to find any jackfruit! You'd think it wouldn't be too hard in London, would you?! Until it stops hiding from me, I shall salute the sarnie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe