Babycakes Covers The Classics


Back in August last year my sister and I enjoyed a long weekend in New York City. We made sure we got in several visits to one our favourite places - Babycakes Bakery. We'd been a few years earlier to buy treats for breakfast for my 40th birthday breakfast and loved it. On this trip we were having to pace ourselves, my sister was 5 months pregnant with twins and I wasn't feeling on top form - when I got back I was diagnosed with severe (non diet related) anaemia. We were very grateful to be able to cool off in the window seat, mid afternoon, with iced coffees, brownies, doughnuts, cupcakes etc. We tried to work our way through the menu and we got muffins and pastries to take back for our breakfasts at the hotel. We even bought Babycakes mugs we were such fans!

I've got the Babycakes cookery book and although there's lot recipes I've yet to try and I do tend to sub sunflower for coconut oil, the banana bread, blueberry muffins and raspberry scones are all firm favourites. I was pleased to see that they are about to release a second book. Check out this great little film to see more.

Comments

  1. I've heard so much about the Babycakes Bakery, but I had no idea there was a cookbook too! Just put both of the books on my amazon wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Babycakes, I've only got the recipe book though as I've sadly never been to the real store in New York. Looks amazing though! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe