Manchester International Festival and £1 pub lunches!

It's a great time of the year to live in or visit Manchester. It's stopped raining and the Manchester International Festival is in full swing. It takes place every 2 years and bills itself as the world's first festival of original, new work and special events. I've got tickets for the Victoria Wood play - The Day We Sang and Sinead O'Connor debuting her new album 'Home' this evening. I'm also hoping to get to some free events and exhibitions including Live Art group show, 11 Rooms at Manchester Art Gallery.


Manchester Art Gallery is right next door to the 7 Oaks Pub that I've blogged about before with it's bargain vegetarian and vegan food. They're practically giving it away over the summer with these lunchtime specials! I went with some work colleagues for a Friday lunch treat of big chip barms and they really hit the spot! The usual menu is running alongside this and they do have vegan cheese too.


Hope you all have a geeat weekend whatever you have planned.

Comments

  1. I have always wanted to visit Manchester. Sounds like a beautiful place. I may have to plan my trip around Manchester International Festival.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe