Saturday, 11 August 2012

Superfoods

Just realised when downloading these photos that I've managed to pack in a fair few so called 'superfoods' this week. I ate this for a couple of meals - qunioa with roasted onion, butternut squash, sweet potato, red pepper and courgette with alfalfa sprouts and green leaves and olives drizzled with a little flax oil. Served with a blob of red pepper humous on the side. I really enjoyed this.


More oats in a jar for breakfast, this time with chia seeds. I used this recipe from the blog Oh She Glows and it was great, really filling and kept me going all morning. Served with a shot of matcha tea. I found this kilner jar at the same time that I found the spiraliser when I cleared out the cupboard of doom the other week and it is perfect for overnight oats.


This is one of my favourite smoothie combinations - banana, peach, blueberries, spoonful of almond butter, flax and soya milk.


On Friday we had an away day at work to go to the Tatton Biennial. It was a fab day - great weather, cool outdoor art and a picnic for lunch. I made a sweet potato salad as my contribution to the picnic from this recipe on Vegan Village and it went down very well. For tea on Friday evening there was a bit left so I served this with oven roasted corn, salad and a Chilean style hot dog. I lived in Chile for a short time in the late 90's and I'd forgotten how delicious the addition of 'palta' is to burgers and sausages. Basically it's just avocado mashed with salt and pepper which I used as a topping with some red onion. It is soooo good, you should definitely give it a go.


Finally here's a pic of my favourite art piece that we saw at Tatton. It's called the Pont de Singe (Monkey Bridge) and is by Olivier Grossetete.


1 comment:

  1. Not like you to be keen on Monkeys. :P The food looks fantastic, yet again, I shall have to try some of your creations, you are doing a splendid job at eating well! x

    ReplyDelete