Babycakes

I went to New York for my 40th birthday a couple of years ago. One of my must see places was Babycakes bakery in the Lower East Side. We bought a selection of pastries and cake which we enjoyed with champagne for my birthday breakfast and the staff even threw in some candles! All their baked goods are vegan and are mainly sugar and gluten or wheat free.

I was really pleased to get the Babycakes cookery book for my last birthday and today had my first go at one of their recipes. I must admit that I subbed sunflower oil for coconut oil as the cheapest oil in Eighth Day was nearly £9 and the recipe would have used most of the pot! But I did use agave syrup and spelt flour and these fresh raspberry scones were lovely and light.

Since the trip to New York, the vegan soda fountain Lula's Apothecary has opened, I can feel myself being called back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe