Tea toddy



I'm a bit under the weather and have had a throat infection for the last few days which luckily doesn't seem to be developing into a full blown cold but has left me feeling pretty low. I like the taste of hot toddies but as a vegan I don't use honey and I am avoiding citrus fruit as I have a tendency to get eczema when I'm run down and citrus can exacerbate it.

So, I'm come up with this version instead and I must say it tastes fab. It's a measure of blended whisky with a teaspoon of agave syrup, boiling water and a bag of Birt and Tang Ginger Pu'er Tea. The tea also contains cloves and pu'er is a type of fermented green tea which is packed with polyphenols so plenty of anti-oxidants all round to fight off illness.

Feeling better already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe