Fun times

The last 4 months have been really hard. On April 1 I collapsed at work and since then have continued to have lots of strange symptoms and have struggled with fatigue most days. It's meant I've had to really pace myself and not do as much socially as I would like to. The good news is that last week or so I feel like I've started to get some energy back and I've finally got appointments booked in for hospital scans after delays from administrative errors which is a relief. I'm so delighted that I've managed to have a really full weekend seeing lots of friends and even hosting a small cocktail party.


I wish the bar (which is in my bedroom) was permanently stocked with cupcakes, I'd never get out of bed! Going with the cocktail theme the flavours were rum and raisin, absinthe and cardamom and margarita.

It was ace to hang out and have a laugh with friends old and new.



Today I've spent the afternoon chilling out at the Lass O Gowrie pub for an event organised by my friends Lynnmarie and Martin. It was the last day of a month long arts festival that's been held there. Music was in the form of an a Northern Soul and Ska all dayer with lots of lovely vinyl being played by the various DJs. Manchester Vegan people contributed cakes to a stall there with proceeds going to local animal charities.

There was also vintage clothes stalls. The pub is really well suited to this sort of thing as it's really old with lots of little nooks and crannies!

I was delighted to find 2 lovely vintage dresses for much less than the price of a new one from the High Street - result! The Liberty print one is home made too, I love finding home made vintage stuff.

And, I've booked tomorrow off work so can look forward to a lie in and a day of lounging around eating my way through the box full of cakes I brought back with me!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better! looks like you have been having lots of fun and the wee cakes look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful, I am so glad you are starting to feel better. Being sick is no good to begin with, but to not know what is going on is scary. :(
    It looks like your first weekend out was a fantastic one though! I love the idea of cocktails and cupcakes. Or mocktails and cupcakes, in my case. I want a cupcake stand in my bedroom, too.
    Glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you having some fun and thanks for sharing the photos. You look fabulous!

    I hope the hospital scans come back free and clear and it turns out to have been just some nasty virus and that your body is now kicking its ass!

    Enjoy your day off with those yummy cakes :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe