Fabulous Fultons

We were over in the nearby town of Ashton-under-Lyne last Saturday where Matt was playing in an afternoon festival. I took the opportunity to pop into one of my favourite discount shops whilst we were there. Fultons is a Northern chain that sells both frozen and non-frozen goods that are coming to the last few months of their shelf life. I've always found some great vegan bargains and this visit was no exception.



The price of Califa Farms almond milks has always put me off. They are around the £3 mark but for 69p I snapped this up and used it in our Sunday smoothies.


Tranquini was a drink I came across in Heron last year and I was sad when it disappeared as I really loved it and have never seen it anywhere else. It's made in Austria and is the opposite of an energy drink in that it aims to calm and soothe you. It comes in still or sparkling and contains natural ingredients. This ginger and lemongrass flavour also has some green tea, chamomile, lavender and lemon balm in it. At 3 for a £1 it was a bargain. I wish pubs sold stuff like this!


I'm a big fan of Dorset Cereals. Most of their range is vegan, there's the odd thing with honey though surprisingly not this granola. I snapped up 4 boxes for £1 and these will go in my holiday box.


I also splashed out £1.99 on this box of Wild Thing Granola. This sounded really tasty but wasn't a brand I'd come across before. Turns out it's usually sold in Wholefoods though I'm sure for much more than £1.99.


Near the till were some snack bars that were 3 for £1. These were all clearly labelled vegan and full of superfood ingredients. We have some kind of snack bar most days and keep our biscuit tin stocked up with them instead of biscuits.


Blue Corn Chips for 79p. Yes, please! These are gluten free too and will be part of a chilli night soon.


I love Ten Acre crisps and popcorn. Their whole range is vegan and gf and they even make proper cheese and onion flavour crisps. Matt's not a popcorn fan but I like a bowl now and then. This interestingly flavoured fennel and lemon bag was just 29p.


Finally from the Fulton's haul were these fab chocolates which we've already eaten. Beech's make loads of vegan friendly chocolates and these £1 dark chocolate brazil nuts were excellent quality. Green and Blacks are another quality brand. I love Seed and Bean's dark chocolate with Anglsey sea salt so this caught my eye and did not disappoint.


And last of all - not a purchase but a prize! We lucked out on the World Cup this year. I picked France in a sweepstake at work and won £34 and Matt picked them in a Facebook competition that Ananda's ran. Our love of Round Ups is well known, we even had them as wedding favours. This is the exciting prize that arrived today!

Is anyone doing Vegan Mofo 2018? Sign up deadline is 24 August. I'm going to attempt to do it on Instagram this time (@teaandsympatico) and follow the weekly prompts.

Comments

  1. That is an AMAZING price for almond milk!

    I'm doing VeganMoFo for the first time and I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be MoFoing again this year!

    What amazing finds! I wish we had discount shops like that here. I actually did buy some of those very same blue corn chips on sale at the supermarket, but even with working out the exchange rate they were not that cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you are doing Mofo. Look forward to reading your posts.

      Delete
  3. I missed last year but I'm definitely doing it this year!!
    I love finding great deals like that, I swear it's a rush! Especially when you find things you normally don't buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brill, pleased you are Mofoing! I know what you mean about the rush! I love that it allows you to have treats whilst on a budget.

      Delete
  4. I've never been in a Fulton's before - I guess they don't have them around these parts, but I really wish they did with those prices. I love Ten Acre's stuff. I don't think I'll be doing Vegan Mofo this year, sadly, but I'll be enjoying reading everyone else's posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do an amazing job keeping your blog going all year round. I can't believe you find time and to study too x

      Delete
  5. Great finds. I'm going to have to nip somewhere with a Fultons, Farmfoods, Wilko etc soon. I did pick up some Dorset cereal for £1.99 and a 4 pack of Nakd style bars for 50p at Home Bargains this week, so better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, they are good finds! We have a Home Bargains not too far away. It's a bit too far to walk though so I don't get there often but I always check them out when I'm near one.

      Delete
  6. Ive never been in a Fultons, let alone heard of it. I will keep an eye out for it, but I doubt somehow it will be coming to Wales. Shame as I love all your bargain finds, esp. Ten Acre and those tortilla chips. Sadly I won't be able to join in with VeganMofo, firstly I missed the deadline but truth is I am not blogging as much these days to stay on track. Congrats on winning the Ananda goodies and also at work, I had Russia. Guess who I got for GBBO - Terry - I think GBBO is ageist and I have already lost, like to be proven wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you never know. GBBO can be full of surpirses. Fingers crossed! I love that you did a sweepstake on it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe