Irish Coffee


I still have a bit of soya cream left over from the Hot Chocolate Martini the other night. So, tonight in the home bar it's all gone a bit retro with Irish Coffee.

When I was a student with many waitressing jobs back in the late 80s no meal was complete without the customer ordering a liqueur coffee which was seen as the height of sophistication and as a waitress it was usually your job to make it.

To a stemmed glass add one shot of whichever spirit or liqueur you are using. Then add around half a cup of coffee and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Don't miss out the sugar, it's what makes the cream float. Place a teaspoon at an angle on top of the coffee, touching the edge of the glass and with the back of the spoon facing up and slowly pour the soy cream over the back of the spoon. And, there you have it, easy peasy. The little chocolates accompanying it are vegan friendly Brandy Liqueurs spotted in the Co-Op tonight for only £1 a box.

Comments

  1. Oooh I'm going to have to go & look for those brandy liqueur chocolates. I seem to remember having them last year & liking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and there's own label After Eight type mints too for a quid! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I still drank coffee I would try this, I bet it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation but I to find this topic to be really something that I believe I might never
    understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very extensive
    for me. I'm taking a look ahead to your next put up, I will attempt to get the dangle of it!
    Here is my page - convert inches

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe