Mike N's Quadruple Chocolate Muffins



The idea for these came from a conversation with Mike N at the teapoint when he was telling me about a brilliant Death By Chocolate cake one of his sons had made and was joking that if they saw the muffin generator list they probably just choose all the chocolate things. We didn't actually get that many suggestions with chocolate in them so that seemed like a great idea to me. So, for this recipe we have cocoa, dark chocolate chips and then a bag of both non-dairy white and milk chocolate buttons cut into quarters.


There was a bit of a panic whilst I thought I had run out of muffin cases. Luckily I found some Halloween ones I bought a couple of years ago in Vancouver that I'd stashed in a cupboard and forgotten about. As they were getting an outing I'd thought I'd show you my two purchases from the Aldi weekly specials. A brilliant skull cake tin (they also had pumpkin ones) and some ghost and bat sprinkles that whilst not labelled as vegan I can't see anything in the ingredients to suggest they are not.



Quadruple Chocolate Muffins
Makes 12

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of plain flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of soy milk
1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
1/2 cup of sunflower oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup each of dark, milk and white chocolate chips
(for the milk and white I used a bag each of dairy free buttons)

Directions

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas 6

Place paper cases in a muffin tin.

Stir the vinegar into the milk in a large bowl and put to one side.

In a separate bowl sieve the ingredients from the four through to the salt and stir well.

Add the oil and vanilla extract to the milk mixture and whisk for about a minute.

Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.

Fold in the chocolate chips and then spoon into the cases.

Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

Comments

  1. Awesome, these would definitely be the muffin I'd have picked! I love chocolate! I'm loving your Halloween sprinkles too, I need to head out & get some H'ween stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious! I would so love to try some. I am sure they taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe