Saturday, 5 September 2015

Vegan Mofo Day 5 - Best Sandwich Ever



I've found it difficult to choose for this one. There was a very memorable Reuban earlier in the year but in the end I've gone for these two. The first is a toastie of tomato and the Smokey Mountain Cheese from Julie Hassan's Vegan Diner. This was the first ever vegan cheese I made and the recipe is still a favourite.



Next is my go to travel sandwich. I always make TLT's if we're going on holiday. Either on a bagel or a crusty baguette you can't beat that winning combination of tempeh bacon, lettuce and tomato. I like to use Isa's tempeh bacon recipe from Vegan Brunch. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts today and getting some more ideas for winning sandwich combinations.


5 comments:

  1. Yum! Those are some top sandwich choices, I used to make that Smokey Mountain Cheese all the time before I left / found out I was allergic to peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to pick a favourite sandwich!
    I haven't made the smoky mountain cheese yet, must get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that Mountain Cheese recipe - so good. I'm not surprised it's up there in your favourite sandwich list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't made that smoky mountain cheese! I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both look like winners to me!

    ReplyDelete