Vegan Mofo Day 5 - Best Sandwich Ever



I've found it difficult to choose for this one. There was a very memorable Reuban earlier in the year but in the end I've gone for these two. The first is a toastie of tomato and the Smokey Mountain Cheese from Julie Hassan's Vegan Diner. This was the first ever vegan cheese I made and the recipe is still a favourite.



Next is my go to travel sandwich. I always make TLT's if we're going on holiday. Either on a bagel or a crusty baguette you can't beat that winning combination of tempeh bacon, lettuce and tomato. I like to use Isa's tempeh bacon recipe from Vegan Brunch. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts today and getting some more ideas for winning sandwich combinations.


Comments

  1. Yum! Those are some top sandwich choices, I used to make that Smokey Mountain Cheese all the time before I left / found out I was allergic to peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to pick a favourite sandwich!
    I haven't made the smoky mountain cheese yet, must get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that Mountain Cheese recipe - so good. I'm not surprised it's up there in your favourite sandwich list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't made that smoky mountain cheese! I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both look like winners to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe