Homemade Limoncello
I've already got some Strawberry Gin on the go and decided to try out something new with some of the vodka I brought back from my recent holiday . I decided to go for Limoncello as I'd just got a load of reduced price unwaxed lemons. It's really easy and turned a gorgeous yellow colour straight away. The only thing I'm having problems with is sourcing some little bottles for decanting the liqueurs into for Christmas presents. Does anyone in the UK know of anywhere? Ikea don't seem to have anything small enough or Lakeland which were my first thoughts. Limoncello Recipe from the BBC website 5 unwaxed lemons 1 litre of vodka 750g of caster sugar 700ml of boiling water Pare the zest from the lemons, making sure there is no white pith. Put the zest in a large sterilised lidded jar and pour over the vodka. Shake the jar each day for a week After a week, dissolve the sugar in the boiling water to make a syrup. Leave the syrup to cool and then add to the vodka...
Wow Caroline! This is amazing ;D I cannot wait x
ReplyDeleteHello :) thanks for following my blog, your blog is lovely too! These biscotti look unbelievably good!
ReplyDelete