World Cup party


It's been a very busy weekend. Friday after work was a leaving do, followed by the Spencer Tunnick preview at The Lowry arts centre, with an exhibtion created to celebrate the Lowry's 10th anniversary year. Tunnick has made photographic images using 1000 nudes as is his trademark style whilst referencing the work of L S Lowry.


After a late night I met Dale for brunch and finally got to sample the delights of the Thirsty Scholar veggie pub. Martin the Mod made us lovely Manchester Panninis - grilled ciabattas with melting mozarella cheezly, tomatoes and red onion which were washed down with lots of tea.

On Saturday evening Alex and Nick hosted a World Cup party which was also a celebration of their recent engagement and the fact that they are expecting twins in November! I can't wait to be an Auntie, it's so exciting!


As England were playing USA, we ended up with American themed food so there was lots of burgers and hot dogs. My contribution was Peanut Butter Cupcakes with peanut butter frosting from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World topped with a white chocolate button.


I also made some of my own recipe chocolate cookies packed with ginger chunks. I feel that these need something else adding, maybe chocolate chips or hazelnuts. I will post the recipe on here when I've experimented a bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe