The Hottest Vegan Bake Sale in Town!


Yesterday was a scorcher! Luckily, Vicki who organised this sale in aid of The Society for Abandonned Animals had thought of everything and we had a gazebo to shade us and the cakes from the sun, chairs and she even made us all lovely aprons. Here we are ready to sell. I met Vicki, Elizabeth and Jo all through Manchester Vegan Society. I'm so glad Manchester has a group like this, I've met some brilliant people through it and we are always organising fun events and trips.


Elizabeth and I are assembling cake boxes production line style as the sales start to come in. I totally underestimated the number of boxes that we'd need!


I've been part of a few bakesales now over the last couple of years and I have to say that this one had the best range by far. We had cheesecake, sponge cakes, cupcakes, sweet and savoury scones, cookies, biscottis, brownies, shortbread, crispy cakes, banana bread and stuff that was gluten free and sugar free too. There wasn't really a vegan audience at this event so it was a good bit of outreach and great to have people asking questions and taking away recipe booklets too.



As well as those pictured we also had cakes from Jenny at The Cottage Cupcake Company. Jenny if you're reading, I had one of your carrot cake cupcakes and it was the best I've ever had!
We raised over £160 in total. Well done everyone, looking forward to the next one.


Comments

  1. Hi Caroline,

    So glad you liked the carrot cake and that the sale was a success! I'm going to post a pic Vicki sent me on my FB cupcake page and link to this post - hope that is ok!

    Hopefully I'll see you at the next event :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, no problem. I'm looking forward to the next one we do. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe