White chocolate, Cherry and Coconut Truffles



The truffle recipe I blogged about the other day is so good I couldn't resist having a go at another variation. These are made using 4 of those small packets of dairy free white chocolate buttons. I was hoping to use Cherry Brandy but I couldn't get any. I did spot some cherry flavour syrup though for a fraction of the price and this worked really well.




Ingredients

Makes 20 truffles

100g dairy free white chocolate
50g vegan margarine
1 tablespoon of cherry syrup
1 tablespoon of soya cream
25g of ground almonds
150g of icing sugar
6 glace cherries chopped into tiny pieces
Dessicated coconut for rolling

Melt the margarine and chocolate in a pan over a low heat.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cherry syrup and soya cream.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients and put in the fridge to chill.
Once chilled roll teaspoon of the mixture into balls.
Roll in the coconut and place in petit-four cases.

Comments

  1. These look so enticing... Makes me sorry vegan white chocolate is so hard to come by here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, you had me at cherries! And I love that tea cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THose look great. And I love the teapot skull and crossbones tea cozy! I just used the last of my white chocolate and am realizing I need to get some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some cherry syrup and these look like the perfect thing to use it in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's the most appealing table I've seen in a while. Truffles, tea, and a skully tea cosy? Don't mind if I do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe