Colourful Comfort Food



I wanted to make a nice meal for my friend Steve who's helping me set up all the CLF stuff and after being ill all last week and finally getting my appetite back I wanted loads of veggies.


Steamed broccoli with potato, turnip and carrots roasted in maple syrup to accompany the Barbecue Baked Tofu with Mushrooms and Peppers from Get It Ripe by Jae Steele. My version is slightly different and uses a red not green pepper and liquid smoke instead of the 2 teaspoons of chilli powder as I have a reaction to chillis although I do like the taste. This is so easy and always impresses guests. If you haven't got it I would really recommend this book. I haven't done much from the baking section but the entrees I've tried have all been excellent and are regular go to recipes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe